Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
There are lots of opportunities for friendships, experiences, and volunteering at the school. We challenge each and every one of you to get your family involved in some capacity.
The mission of the Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) is to be a responsible and relevant partner with The King’s Academy community in advancing the school’s mission by giving parents a forum in which to communicate their interests, cares and concerns to the administration and one another and by planning and producing events and activities that support this purpose.
As parents, step-parents or guardians of a TKA student, we are all members of the Parent Teacher Fellowship. The TKA Parent Teacher Fellowship was formed so that parents could get involved with TKA. Parents have a role to play, in partnership with TKA’s administration, staff and faculty, in ensuring the best possible environment for education and development of TKA students. The Parent Teacher Fellowship is the vehicle that enables parents to get involved at TKA. Through the PTF, parents can:
- Be a resource for TKA’s administration, faculty and staff.
- More effectively contribute their time and talent as volunteers.
- Help build school spirit and a sense of school community.
- Foster parent-to-parent communication and support.
- Help promote and market the school.
Ways to Get Involved
- Outreach to New Families
- Student Ambassador Program
- Open House
- Room Mom Leadership
- Gallery on the Go
- Pathfinder Support
- Job Shadowing Day for Junior Students
- Library Volunteers
- Author Visits
- Book Fairs
- Weekly Prayer Groups
- Senior Girls’ Luncheon
- Senior Boys’ BBQ
- Ongoing Support to Families in Crisis
- Birthday Greetings
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation Week
- Appreciation Activities