Elementary Summer Reading
Summer Reading Information
Students entering kindergarten through 6th grade are required to complete a summer reading assignment.
- Each grade level has one required book that all students are required to read.
- Students in Kindergarten-6th grade will complete an in-class assignment on the required reading book. A daily grade is taken on the in-school assignment.
- A book form/log is due by the second day of school (Friday, August 13, 2021) for each grade. All forms are accessible below.
Additional book suggestions are available for each grade; however, students are not limited to the suggested grade level list. Choose fiction or nonfiction books that reflect your child’s interest and ability.
Please note the following:
- If you read the required book early in the summer, please review it carefully before returning to school in August.
- A book log listing all books read over the summer should be turned in no later than the second day of school (Friday, August 13, 2021). Forms are below.
- www.arbookfind.com can help determine book reading levels
- All parents should check for age-appropriate content by using:
- Check with your local library branch or bookstore for book ideas and reading incentive programs.