Here at The King’s Academy, we have taken large strides toward bringing relevant technology into the classroom and giving our teachers efficient and creative ways to teach and interact with students. We believe students must continue to grow as self-directed learners and choice will play an important role for students as they decide what to explore and pursue. The future will bring much more online learning and students will need to be aware of their own thought processes and be willing to collaborate and participate in their learning community.
Secondly, teachers will need to be able to help students pursue their interests through researching and collaborating via the Web. Teachers must be able to help students sort out what is junk and what is valuable observation and information. Evaluating resources is a skill that students will use throughout their educational career and lives.
TKA provides every student with wireless access, free Office 365 accounts where they can install Office on up to 5 devices and eLearning access to our LMS (Learning Management System) Canvas.
In an effort to provide the best learning environment for your student, we will need your child to be prepared with a device that will allow for optimum participation and learning. Before purchasing a device, please follow the guidelines provided below as well as reading the Technology Letter mailed to you.
- Laptop form factor, no tablets.
- PC or MAC.
- The laptop should be able to record audio and video.
- The battery life should have 6+ hours
- Attached or attachable Keyboard
- Minimum screen size 12.9
- Have a SSD Hard Drive
- 8gig ram
- PC - Corei5 processor or above
- MAC - Intel Corei5 processor or above or M1/M2 processor
- Please note:
- iPads and Chromebooks are not permitted.
- Although MACs are acceptable devices, teachers can only provide assistance if Windows is installed. Teachers may be unable to help individuals with a MAC.